Visual Management is one of the central principles of Lean. A visual workplace makes communication between departments easier, makes standards easier to follow, and makes abnormalities easier to detect.
This course explains why Visual Management is so effective and overviews some Visual Management Devices.
Explore foundational concepts, how to illustrate your workflows, numerous visual devices, 5S techniques, and success metrics with this Introduction to Visual Management.
Why take this course?
As a fundamental Lean tool, understanding Visual Management is important for anyone practicing Lean and 5S.
What am I going to learn?
- The fundamental principles of Visual Management
- The reasoning behind Visual Management
- What defines a visual workplace
- The 6 questions answered by Visual Management
- How visual management is utilized in 5S
- The 4 levels of Visual Management devices
- The purposes of different Visual Management devices
Who is the intended audience?
Anyone interested in Visual Management, Lean, and/or 5S
What are the prerequisites?
As an introductory course, it is designed to be useful for anyone
What am I going to receive?
- Videos that introduce the most important Visual Management concepts
- PDF transcripts for your review
- A list of the terms used in the videos and their definitions
- Power Point presentations to support your learning
- Images from the videos to use as you wish
- A badge rewarded upon successful completion of the course
- Understanding Visual Management and the Reasoning Behind it
- Defining the Characteristics of a Visual Workplace
- How Visual Management Relates to 5S
- An Overview of Visual Management Devices
- Quiz – Introduction to Visual Management