Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry and assess compliance with AS9100.
Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry and assess compliance with AS9100 and how it compares to ISO 9001. Conduct practical audit exercises tailored to the aerospace industry in order to apply these requirements and manage the audit process.
This course is offered in cooperation with BQC, an ANSI Accredited Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
This virtual, instructor-led course is delivered in convenient, 4-hour sessions spread over 2 weeks, including an exam on the final day.
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of AS9100:2016
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of AS9100:2016
- Describe the requirements of the current revision of ISO 19011 as applicable to the audit process
- Describe the function of first-, second-, and third-party audits, the similarities and differences, and the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor, the auditee and the client of the audit client in each of these activities
- Perform all aspects of an audit of a process in accordance with ISO 19011
- Describe the aerospace auditor’s personal qualifications and conduct, including personal attributes, audit management capabilities, and interviewing technique
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the auditor and the auditee at all stages of the corrective action process
- Describe and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and of an audit team leader
- Explain the terminology of ISO 9000:2015, as employed by the ISO 9000 series standards, and AS9100:2016
- Describe how to establish an audit path or trail and when to deviate
- Determine an audit schedule based upon past audit experience and degree of importance based upon the type of business
- Describe the documentation required by AS9100:2016 and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy, and objectives
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable checklists and scoring methods
- Terminology and Definitions
- Activity #1 Definitions
- Background History and Rationale of Quality Management
- Introduction to the family of documents of the contents of AS9100:2016
- Activity #2 Using the standard as the basis for an audit
- The Process Approach
- Analyzing Audit Findings
- Activity #3 Audit to AS9100:2016
- Control and Administration of AS9100 Audit Programs
- QMS Auditor Qualifications